Crown Pointe Estates
Visitor restrictions have been eased at Crown Pointe Estates. All visits at Long-Term Care continue to be restricted to meet CMS regulations. Please contact Long-Term Care at 722-8305, Crown Pointe Estates at 712-722-8260, for questions or if you would like us to help you set up a time to Facetime or Zoom virtual visits.
For the health and safety of our patients, we are now offering live video visits with your provider. The visit is simple to set up from a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Family Medicine Clinic Virtual Visits
- Sioux Center Medical Clinic: 712.722.2609 (Mon – Thurs: 8 am – 5:45 pm / Fri: 8 am – 5 pm)
- Hawarden Medical Clinic: 712.551.1000 (Mon – Fri: 8:30 am – 4 pm)
- Hull Medical Clinic: 712.439.1315 (Mon – Fri: 8 am – 5 pm)
Virtual Visit Types:
- General medication follow-ups
- Behavioral Health
- Anxiety follow-ups
- Skin issues
- Other appointments as determined by the provider
Behavioral Health Virtual Visits
- Behavioral Health: 712.722.2609 (Mon – Fri: 8 am – 4:30 pm)
Sioux Center Health is working closely with Avera and local hospitals to protect staff and patients from the coronavirus strain known as COVID-19. We’re working hard to keep you updated on this rapidly changing event.
What is COVID-19?
It is a respiratory illness that first surfaced in late 2019. It can spread from person to person. The risk of infection is higher in people who are in close proximity to people with COVID-19 such as health care workers or household members.
What if I need to get tested?
If you are having symptoms of COVID-19 call (712) 722-2609. We follow the CDC guidelines for COVID-19 testing. Individuals without symptoms or symptomatic individuals who are not part of a high priority group will not be tested.
Based on the severity of your symptoms, your provider may ask you to stay home and isolate yourself.
This test will be testing specifically COVID-19 antibodies, sometimes referred to as IgG or serology tests. This test may be able to detect if someone has been infected with COVID-19.
The cost of antibody testing is $80. To receive the test, simply stop by registration at the hospital Monday – Friday from 7 – 11 am and a lab technician will be available to assist you. Antibody tests are not covered by insurance but may be reimbursable under most FSA/HSA plans; call the number on the back of your insurance card to verify.
Is COVID-19 testing covered by insurance?
Testing for COVID-19 must be ordered by your provider.
The office visit and testing to establish the diagnosis of COVID-19 will be covered at 100 percent. All other medical treatment associated would be a covered benefit and follow an individual’s health insurance coverage. Please check your Summary of Benefits and Coverage for your plan details.
How do I protect myself and loved ones from COVID-19?
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- If you are sick, limit close contact with others as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
When and How to Wash Your Hands
Handwashing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick. Learn when and how you should wash your hands to stay healthy.
- Quarantine for COVID-19 Visual
- Get the latest updates from the CDC
- What you need to know about COVID-19
- What to do if you are sick with COVID-19
- What Older Adults Need to Know
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions
- F.A.C.E (Faith And Community Engage) Mask
- How to keep your mask clean and safe
- First Positive Case of COVID_19
- Controlling Shortness of Breath at Home
- Home Isolation Guidelines for Families of Patients with COVID-19
- Home Isolation Guidelines for Patients with Symptoms of COVID-19
- Managing COVID-19 Symptoms at Home
- Talking with Children about COVID-19
- Pregnancy and Vaccines
Behavioral Health Resources
A Prayer for Those Affected
Lord, we pray for patients and families impacted by COVID-19, we pray for health care workers and we pray for our communities. Father, we come before You to lay all of our fears and anxieties at Your feet. And when fear and worry fills our head, we ask You to fill our hearts with peace. Bring us clarity Jesus, so we may walk in the light of God. In Your name we pray, Amen.