On March 30, 2020, Sioux Center Health was notified of its first positive case of COVID-19 returned from a sample collected. The individual is an adult male (41-60 years old) who is stable and at home in isolation.
This is something Sioux Center Health has been preparing for over the course of the last month. We have in place precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our patients, families, and staff. We are proud of our team and their actions in following the proper guidelines to screen, test, and treat patients.
What’s next for our Community?
Take these steps to prevent the spread to yourself and others:
– clean your hands often
– avoid close contact with others
– stay home if you are sick
– cover your coughs and sneezes
– clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
For more COVID-19 prevention information including case counts in Iowa, see: https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/#prevention
Steps to Stop the Spread at Sioux Center Health?
Over the past couple of weeks, Sioux Center Health transitioned care in a few of our service lines to enhance social distancing and protect our patients and staff.
– Now offering Virtual Visits via Zoom, Facetime, or Google Duo
– Curbside Clinic
– “Well Clinic” visits are scheduled in the mornings to includes well-child visits, prenatal, immunizations, and medication management
– Symptom and temperature screenings at all entrances for employees and patients
– One visitor allowed policy in all areas (clinic visits, Obstetrics, in-patients)
– No Visitors at our Senior Living Campuses
– Curbside only service at Home Medical Equipment
– Door drop off and child screening for the Early Childhood Center
As always, the safety of our community is of utmost importance to us. Please help us in flattening the curve of this spread by doing your part to keep yourself and those around you safe.
If you have any questions about any symptoms you may be experiencing, please contact our local COVID-19 Call Center at (712) 722-8324.
Philippians 4: 6-7
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.