February is American Heart Month
LOWER YOUR RISK OF HEART DISEASE
You can reduce your personal risk by adopting healthy lifestyle choices by eating right, exercising, and getting plenty of sleep. But when a healthy lifestyle isn’t enough, our medical team of physicians and cardiology specialists can provide the most comprehensive care available.
Our Cardiac Rehab is a supervised program designed to help improve your cardiovascular health if you have experienced in any potential heart attack, stent placement, heart failure, open heart, or valve surgery.
The Cardiac Rehab sessions include:
• Monitored heart rate and rhythm
• Monitored blood pressure
• Customized exercise treatment
• Education sessions
• Dietician consult
TIPS FOR A HEART-HEALTHY LIFESTYLE:
• Inform your doctor about health history
• Monitor high blood pressure
• Monitor cholesterol levels
• Develop an exercise program
• Maintain a healthy weight
• Control of diabetes
• Limit alcohol intake
• Stop smoking
• Take medications as prescribed
• Attend a vascular screening
To schedule your appointment or if you have questions about your health, call Cardiac Rehab at 712.722.8125.