CMS has changed the visiting guidance for long term care! CMS strongly encourages all visitors to become vaccinated and we will continue to educate and encourage visitors to become vaccinated.
Short list of changes:
– All visitors can come at any time to visit their loved ones.
– There are no more schedules (Signup Genius) or time limits on visits effective immediately.
– All visitors must wear their masks at all times as we are still at the high level of community transmission (18.48% in Sioux County)
– All visitors must continue to be screened by our staff prior to entering the building (continue using the delivery bay door until the new entrance is open).
– Continue to call the phone number listed if there is not a staff member in the lobby area to take your temp and ask the screening questions.
– All visitors are asked to use hand sanitizer before their visit (going in and out of a residents room).
– Do not enter the hallway from the delivery door until a team member has screened you and let you in.
– Go directly to your loved ones room and always stay at least 6 feet away from all team members and other residents.
– There is no limit on the number of visitors that a resident can have at one time.
– The family rooms are available to use for larger groups or for residents who share a room with someone.
– Physical distancing needs to be maintained during busy visiting times.
– Care centers cannot have large gatherings such as parties or events where large numbers of visitors are in the same space at the same time and physical distancing cannot be maintained.
– We will not be able to have large family gatherings at the care center for the holidays.
– Even residents who are ill can have visitors.
– Residents who are vaccinated and their visitors are vaccinated, can choose not to wear masks and not maintain physical distancing.
For a full list of changes, click here:
VISITATION RESTRICTIONS UPDATE