Take advantage of the latest in orthopedic techniques and robotic-assisted surgery to help ease your pain with Bryce Braaksma, DO. Dr. Braaksma practices at Avera Orthopedics in Sioux Falls, SD and starting in February he will come to Sioux Center Health. Dr. Braaksma specializes in minimally invasive surgeries for knee and hip replacements, which rarely requires an incision through muscles or tendons – providing a quicker recovery with less pain. As a fellowship-trained specialist, he also receives referrals for failed hip or knee replacements.
His surgical procedures include:
• General orthopedic care for all ages
• Joint preservation
• Partial Knee Replacements
• Total Knee Replacements
• Total Hip Replacements
• Direct Anterior Hip Replacements
• Revision Total Hip Replacements
• Revision Total Knee Replacements
Compassionate Care from Experience
Looking for an orthopedic provider who understands you? Dr. Braaksma has true empathy for his patients with orthopedic surgery needs, having suffered from multiple sports-related knee injuries during his college football years. His experience as a patient, his passion for science, and his desire to improve the patient’s quality of life convinced him that orthopedic surgery was his calling in life.
“Seeing patients who’ve suffered from hip or knee pain for years or decades, and then to see them back a few weeks after surgery, where their pain is gone, and they are back to doing the things they love – working, athletics, or playing with grandkids – is a rewarding experience. There is nothing better than seeing the positive impact you’ve had on their life – that’s why I am an arthroplasty surgeon,” Dr. Braaksma said.
Click here to watch Dr. Braaksma’s video.
When not working, Dr. Braaksma enjoys spending time with his friends and family. He is an avid fan of his alma mater and enjoys attending Iowa State football and basketball games.
Call 712.722.8374 to schedule an appointment with Bryce Braaksma, DO.
Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, Kansas City, KS, Medical School
Midwestern University/Franciscan St. James Health, Chicago, IL, Orthopedic Surgery
Allegheny Health Network, Pittsburgh, PA, Adult Reconstruction
• American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
• American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
• American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
• American Medical Association
• American Osteopathic Association
Honors, Awards, etc
• Sigma Sigma Phi National Osteopathic Honor Society
• All-Big XII Academic First Team
• Eligible – American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
• Advanced Trauma Life Support
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support