The Social Work team walks alongside patients and their families at all stages of life. At Sioux Center Health, our goal is to holistically meet our patient’s needs and offer a continuum of care throughout their life. Social Workers connect patients to available resources in the community and assist patients and their families with the stresses associated with illnesses.
Social Services are available to you and your family at no cost. Our team of social workers provides services throughout our organization at the Hospital, Assisted and Independent Living, Nursing Home, and Hospice and Home Care.
We provide a variety of preventive, clinical, and supportive services such as:
- Connect patients and their families with community resources
- Advocate for patient’s needs and help identify solutions
- Deliver psychosocial assessments and evaluations
- Connect patients to financial services in the community and government programs
- Offer encouragement and direction to patients and families dealing with emotional/ psychological distress
- Arrange for post-hospital placements and services
- Assist patients with Advanced Care Planning
- Address issues of family violence and abuse
Support Groups offered at Sioux Center Health:
- Life After Loss: Support group for grieving
- Parkinson’s Support Group
To get connected with a Social Worker at Sioux Center Health, ask your doctor, nurse, or care team.