Occupational health and safety are of paramount importance in any organization. They encompass a range of practices and measures designed to ensure the well-being, health, and safety of employees in their work environment. Employers have a legal and moral responsibility to prioritize and promote workplace safety, and employees have the right to expect a safe and healthy work environment.
A safe workplace can protect human lives, enhance employee well-being, reduce expenses and liabilities, boost productivity, and improve a business’s overall image. Its importance cannot be understated.
To ensure workplace safety, organizations should implement comprehensive risk assessments, provide proper training and resources, enforce safety protocols, and foster a culture of safety among employees. Regular audits, inspections, and continuous improvement efforts are also essential to identify and address potential hazards proactively. Teaming up with a credible healthcare organization is essential to the implementation of such programs.
Sioux Center Health plays a vital role in promoting workplace safety within the community. By leveraging our expertise and resources, employers and employees can benefit from the support and guidance provided through our occupational health services.
In addition, we have physicians and staff at the Sioux Center Health and Hawarden, Hull, and Sioux Center Specialty Clinics ready to assist with treatment of the injured worker, and coordinate the return to work process when appropriate.
Our services include:
- On-site nursing services
- Physicals – The providers at our medical clinics perform physicals, from basic to complex
- (example: CDL physicals, fire fighter physicals)
- Post-offer health assessments
- Drug testing and breath-alcohol testing
- Audiometric testing
- Respiratory health screening, including pulmonary function testing and qualitative fit testing
- Immunizations, including on-site flu shots clinics
- Wellness screenings
- Assistance with safety training
- We work with our therapy department to provide work-site evaluations/ergonomic assessments