The lab at Sioux Center Health is located in the Town Center and also next to the Family Medicine Clinic for the convenience of our patients with 3 private draw rooms. Lab hours are Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 5 PM and Saturday through Sunday by appointments.
Our Lab department offers the following test to help identify health concerns and the most effective treatment for your specific situation. Among many available laboratory services, we provide:
- Microbiology – Tests to isolate infecting agents such as bacteria, fungus, molds, and parasites; exposes infectious agents to a variety of antibiotics to determine effective drugs for your treatment
- Virology – Tests to identify viral infecting agents such as HIV and rabies
- Blood bank – Identifies blood types (ABO and Rh) and performs tests to determine the compatibility of blood for transfusion
- Hematology – Examines blood and body fluid specimens to determine the type and number of blood cells (RBC, WBC, and platelets); also determines the ability of blood to clot
- Chemistry – Examines body fluid specimens for the body’s metabolic functions, disease markers, and drug monitoring.
- Serology – Tests blood specimens to detect exposure to infectious and disease processes such as hepatitis, syphilis, arthritis, lupus, and others
By maintaining the highest possible standards for testing and personal service, Sioux Center Health ensures prompt delivery of information and the support you need for the best care with our providers ordering the right test for you.