Respite care is a great option for a short-term stay for those recovering from surgery or recent hospitalization. Respite care also provides caregiver relief in the event of going away on business, planning a vacation, or simply needing a break.
Charged by the day
Stay at least 24 hours and up to 30 consecutive days on respite care and for a total of no more than 60 days in a 12 month period. The 12 month period begins on the first day of respite care.
All tenant information will be treated in a confidential manner, except as allowed by state and federal law or tenant expressly requests.
The tenant has the right to choose a physician and if ordered by tenant’s physician, to arrange for the transfer to the hospital of the physician and/or tenant’s choice, and immediately notify the responsible party.
Crown Pointe/Franken Manor will furnish:
- All furniture including microwave, refrigerator, and television (think motel room)
- All bath, bed, curtains, and kitchen linens
- Telephone, television, and internet services
- One apartment key and one mailbox key per tenant
Crown Pointe/Franken Manor staff will provide services congruent to the service plan which may include:
- Three meals per day including snacks
- All housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance services
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, and personal care
- Assistance with ambulation/ambulatory device and transferring
- Oversight/supervision of medications
The tenant and/or responsible party agrees to the following:
- To provide all personal items, clothing, and other items as needed or requested by the tenant. Tenants are encouraged to mark all laundry prior to moving in.
- Hospitalization, physicians’ fees, medications, physical therapy, and other treatments ordered by the physician shall be billed directly to the tenant or responsible party.
- Tenant shall be liable for any other charges such as nutritional supplements, personal purchases, newspaper deliveries, nursing supplies, oxygen, medical equipment, or other services not specifically identified in the contract.
- Staff may help arrange local public transportation but the tenant is responsible for the cost. Rides offers free transportation to any Sioux Center Health facility.
- Crown Pointe/Franken Manor is not obligated to furnish, supply, or give tenant support, maintenance, meals, or lodging when the tenant is absent from Crown Pointe/Franken Manor, nor any credit for absence from the apartment.
- Full payment will be made by the tenant at the end of the month or upon discharge.
- Tenant or responsible party may terminate this agreement by submitted written notice. Charges shall be made until and including the date the apartment is completely vacated of all of the tenant’s possessions.
- The tenant may be discharged involuntarily due to medical or behavioral reasons, which render Crown Pointe/Franken Manor an inappropriate placement or for non-payment of rates or charges.
- Tenant shall surrender the premises in as good of condition as when it was received excepting only reasonable wear and tear.
- No smoking is allowed anywhere in the building. Crown Pointe/Franken Manor is a smoke-free facility.