America’s veterans have done everything asked of them in their mission to serve our country and we believe it is never too late to give them a hero’s welcome home. That’s why our hospice is taking part in the We Honor Veterans program. Our staff understands the unique needs of veterans and are prepared to meet the specific challenges that veterans and their families may face at the end of life.
There are over 21 million veterans living in America today. These men and women often carry experiences from their military service that present unique health care challenges.
We Honor Veterans is a program that empowers hospice and other health care providers across America to meet the unique needs of veterans and their families.
We honor veterans partners:
- Learn about the unique needs of veterans and their families
- Educate their staff and communities about caring for veterans facing serious illness
- Coordinate care with VA and other healthcare organizations
- Provide veteran-to-veteran volunteer programs
- Commit to providing the best quality health care
We honor veterans partners can help veterans and their families to:
- Enroll and access VA benefits
- Be recognized for their service with special ceremonies
- Replace lost medals and awards
- Receive extra support from other Veterans
Click here to read a pamphlet called “Four Final Life Lessons Nobody Told Veterans…Until Now” written by Deborah Grassman, a VA Hospice Nurse Practitioner, who took care of more than 10,000 veterans as they faced the end of their lives.
We Honor Veterans is a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organizationin collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
For more information:
Contact the Sioux Center Health Hospice and Home Care at (712) 722-8108.